My Photo
Name:
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States

Hey, I love inventing interesting characters and then writing about them. I just put them in difficult situations and let them go!

Monday, July 02, 2007

My first review - Four Angels!!!

I'm thrilled to get my very first review.

Zebulon is a ghost. A very handsome ghost, one who makes author Abigail Willis forget her mood swings, aches and pains and the rest of her change-of-life physical ailments. When she first meets Zeb, as she calls him, Abigail is convinced he’s playing a part.

A very convincing part, but a part, nonetheless. When her sister reminds her that their grandmother and Aunt Ruby both spoke to imaginary people, she realizes that the rest of the world can’t see Zeb. Is he really a ghost, or is she losing her mind?

Leigh Barbour has created a world where historians/authors mix freely with centuries-old men, and she’s done it convincingly.

I enjoyed Zebulon for a number of reasons, but the most pressing is that this story feels like one that any of us could have.

Gail is a heroine that could be any of us, or anyone we know. The characters, even the apparitions, are detailed, vivid and believable. Although there are points where the dialogue is stilted and the narrative’s flow stumbles, the richness of this story makes up for any flaws it has.

And when Gail’s troubles begin in earnest, I found myself rooting for her and Zebulon to succeed in a way that I hadn’t expected to. I sincerely cared for these characters.

Zebulon is a fine, satisfying read. The ending is a real kicker!

ttp://www.fallenangelreviews.com/2007/June/Carly-Zebulon.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home